Sunday 15 March 2009

GETTING HELP


You cant do this alone. You need support. Often those who have been sexually abused isolate. The family of origin may have kept them apart from others.There are many support groups now.
JOIN ONE!
There were hardly any groups when it happened to me. We had to meet in secret as this was a taboo subject. Even reading material was ordered in secret.Thats the problem with abuse the secrecy.The first contact with anyone will be difficult but once done the healing will start.
Its a very long time ago since all this happened to me. The group I joined were wonderful. But I spent the first few weeks denying that I needed to be there. They were all ill and I wasnt. Then one day I let go and realised I was them. Their stories were mine.I began to tell my story to others and then to myself.You may think your story is totaly shocking and no one will want to hear.Stick to telling your story to those who are on a healing path from abuse. Choose carefuly who you tell so that you get support in the early vulnerable years.You may want to tell everyone now that the cats out of the bag.If you are going to confront an abuser or you are angry dont react or act out too soon.
If all this makes sense to you and you need help.
Remember you are not alone.

3 comments:

  1. Great article, sound advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear is it a real story, I feel sad reading it. But I liked the article."Life looked at through a distorted equipment naturally gives a distorted vision".http://bharatheyam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats what many people say when you tell them you have been abused.It cant possibly be true!
    Thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete